Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Seiko watch story from John san in UK


Sandy bay is a small holiday town on the south coast of England. I was metal detecting on the beach about thirty years ago when I found a Seiko Sports watch, at the low tide line. The watch obviously had been there for some years as it had corrosion around the bezel and the winder and was still going. When I got home I put it on my desk not sure what to do with it. After about a year I picked the watch and found the corrosion was starting come off. I carefully scraped it off and managed to get the outer ring moving again. I then went to my local watch dealer for a replacement pin for the strap. I am in the building trade and it has taken a few knocks over the years. I have worn this watch every day and still wearing it. Over the years I have two new batteries and still keeps perfect time.

John